Welcome to the wonderful world of NAC, a Computerised Accounting System to make your accounting a pleasure. NAC is a software system catering to Book Keeping Accounting and Management Information needs of an organisation or an individual. It offers a multitude of effective and useful features.
NAC does not require use of Codes at all. This increases operating speed as well as accuracy of accounting.
Unlimited Number of Companies
One copy of NAC, on one computer, can handle accounts of any number of companies.
Traversing Through Various Financial Years
NAC can handle accounting of multiple consecutive fiscals. You can move back and forth between fiscals for data manipulation. Any change, say, addition, deletion or modification of transaction, will be reflected automatically into the books of subsequent fiscals.
Zooming from Balance Sheet/ Ledger account (or any other view screen):
- to monthly summaries
- to transaction details
- to vouchers and back
User Designed Documents
You can design, up to a limit, various documents that are printed by NAC. These are Sales Vouchers, Purchase Vouchers, Payment Vouchers, Receipt Vouchers, Contra Vouchers, journal Vouchers, Letter of Confirmation of Accounts, Sales Tax Reminder Letter and Outstanding Reminder Letter.
Double Security Protection
NAC has two security systems to ensure that no unauthorized person tampers with your accounts. (Key-floppy, and Multi level password).
Protection Against Power Failure
Chances of data loss is minimal in case of power failure.
Accounts Receivables and Payables
Bill by bill outstanding plus aging analysis of outstanding. Interest can also be calculated on outstanding.
Sales Tax Forms Management and Reminder
Information regarding Sales-Tax (ST) Forms (intra-sale/ intra-state) from customers or due to suppliers can be obtained at any time.
Grouping of accounts are permitted up to any level. This leads to easier Management of Information directly from accounts books & summaries.
Narration of any length can be saved & recalled with every entry of a voucher in addition to one for the voucher.
Choice of 80/132 column stationery
All the reports can be obtained on 80 or 132 column stationery.
Backgrounding Printing: The Big Time Saver
Reports can be directed to printer or to a File on Disk. The file can subsequently be printed in the background mode while the computer is being used any other job.
Data can be exported/imported from/to DBF files.
Depreciation is calculated as per Income Tax Act and Company Act. Balance Sheet depreciation schedule and depreciation voucher are also prepared.
VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT) SYSTEM IN NAC ON WINDOWS/DOS
VAT system has been added in NAC on Windows in released version no.4.1.50 on June 7th, 2005.
The following fields have been added for the VAT system:
- "State Name" in Company Master information form. It is recommended that you should edit the "State Name" to the home State of your location. NAC will take the State Name as " ** State Undefined ** " by default. The "State Name" field is important for the Party Accounts as well. When you change the State Name on the Company Master Form, the system would automatically change the State Names of all Party Accounts to the Home State of the Company - assuming that most of the parties would be those your home state only. Pl. make sure to change the State Name of the parties which are not from your company's home state.
- A drop-down selection list is provided with the software to assist you in selecting the State Names. If any party is at a location outside of India then a Special State Name of "Outside India" has been provided so that NAC will be able to identify sales and purchases to qualify for being treated as exports and imports.
- "VAT Effective From Date" has been added to ensure that the entries created prior to the date on which VAT has become effective in your State, do not need to be changed due to the changes made in NAC for VAT. Default date is fixed as 1/4/2005. Pl change if you want to modify this date.
- A unique TIN number has been allotted to every dealer registered with the Commercial Taxes Departments of the respective States. Pl. frunish the same for your company in the TIN No. Field. This will be used in printing the number in the VAT reports. This will be printed in the sales bills as well. It has been provided as paintable field and will have to be painted by the users at the proper places in the bill-formats.
- Every Dealer can be registered under VAT in on the three categories: "General Registered(GR)", "Not Registered(NR)" or "Registered Under Special Scheme(SS)". The last category (SS) is for the dealers having turnover between 10-50 lacs (or 10-40 lacs as the case may be for a particular state). Pl. enter the category of your company's registration. Default is "General Registered (GR)". TIN numbers of the registered dealers will have to be recorded for the party accounts as well.
- Sales to parties registered under any of the categories will generate same behavior. But the behavior of purchases will vary - Purchases from GR-type of parties will be treated normally where the input credit will be calculated for your company, but if the purchases are made from the NR or SS-type of dealers, then no input credit will be calculated for the home company.
- Similarly enter the "Registration Category" and "State Name" for each of the party accounts where the State Name is other than the Home State of your Company and/or the category is other than the "General Registered".
- To make it possible for NAC to identify the VAT, Local Sales Tax(LST), Central Sales Tax (CST), Surcharge accounts, a new field "Account Sub-Type" has been added on the accounts creation form. You would be required to open new accounts for the ones which are not present or change the existing accounts to fill in this "Account Sub-Type" field.
- When you change the "Account Sub-Type" in the existing accounts, the system will rectify the entries already present for these accounts from the VAT-Effective date till the last date to ensure you do not have to do any corrections for the entries ready done for the period from which VAT was applicable in your State but you had not changed to VAT compliant version of "NAC on Windows".
- The handling of this change is slightly different in "NAC on DOS" - There will be a new menu option "Rewrite For VAT" that will appear on the main menu of NAC entry module, you MUST run this option once. The menu will disappear after executing the option but will again re-appear whenever the above modification is done. Use this option as the FIRST choice whenever it appears on the Menu. It will disappear after NAC has ensured the correctness of your data files.
- The system of VAT is effective in the bill calculation system in which NAC will create separate entries for VAT/LST/CST (i.e. for the accounts where "Account Sub-Type" has been defined) whenever the bill contains items on which the tax is charged at different rates of percentages.
- It is recommended that you MUST create at least two Accounts with the Account Sub-Types of VAT and CST. They are required for the VAT report system. In case CST is not present, NAC will assume NIL amount of CST in VAT reports but in case you fail to define VAT Account Sub-Type of an account, then the VAT reporting system will not print anything.
- To make sure that NAC does this calculation automatically, please ensure that the "Calculation Methods" are defined for the items or item-groups appropriately.
- To facilitate fast entry system, NAC will show you the "Amount of which Tax has been Calculated", Tax-Rate an the Input / Output Tax type during the Bill entry. If the bill Calculation Method is effective then the calculation will be as per the Method and wherever no Method is defined, the calculation will be based on "the amount accumulated till the current account head in the billing order". The user has liberty to change this amount wherever necessary but it is strongly advised that you should use the Calculation Methods for Billing.
- If you want to modify the percentage in the overhead accounts form, the result of the modification will be immediately visible in the "Overhead Amount". Similarly, you could change the "Overhead Amount" and the system will change the "Percentage of Rate" immediately.
- Separate entries will be created for the same "Overhead Account" for which more than one rates of tax have been applied in the billing.
- "VAT Computation" report has been added to ensure that you have a peaceful month-ending time. The computations are automatically done and reports as per that standard reporting format has been provided with the package. If your State has a different format please get in touch with us to enable us to analyze the changes in the reporting and to provide you the modified report for your home State.
- Accordingly, a monthly VAT return report has been added for submission to the department.
- When you deposit to or receive back from the Commercial Taxes Department, you would make the payment or receipt entries into NAC. Along with the amount you can record the period for which the payment/receipt is made. This is done in the form of "Date From" to "Date-Upto" for the period for which the transaction is made. This will ensure that the computation is made correctly for the relevant period. (e.g. you may be asked to deposit the amount of VAT within the month of March before the month really ends.)
- You would be able to record the "Assessable Amount/Amount on Which Applicable", Tax Rate and the "Account Amount" in a Journal Voucher in which the "Accounts with Account Sub-Type" are affected.
- Bank Reconciliation features
- Bank/ Cash book reports (multi Banks)
- All bank/ cash reports available on Screen/ Printer/ File
- Bank Statement
- Cash-in-Transit report
- List of Vouchers
- Multiple Journal Registe
- Multiple Sales Register
- Multiple Purchase Register
- Ledger A/c's report
- List of A/c's - Alphabetic & Grouping Structure
- List of groups - Alphabetic & Grouping Structure
- Group summary
- Sub-ledger summary
- Daily balances
- Multiple Trading A/c's reports
- Profit & Loss A/c's
- Balance Sheet with annexure
- Interest calculation
- by running balance
- by bill
- by bill-transactions wise
- balance wise
- Outstanding Reminder Letter with details
- for receivables
- for payables
- ledger account wise
- ledger summary
- aging report
- Letter of confirmation of A/c's
- High value transactions
- Traveling Expenses details
- Sales Tax Form details - Purchase
- Sales Tax Form details - Reminder Letterv
- Depreciation Calculation
- Interest Calculations